The Mad Rock Ultra Tech HMS Screw delivers the practical benefits of a fully-rated HMS carabiner in a compact, light-weight body.
A no-snag keylock nose provides both security and ease of use, while the hot forged aluminium construction allows weight to be minimised while achieving the same rated strength as a full-size carabiner.
Despite the compact size, the Ultra Tech HMS can be utilised as a rigging ‘biner for ascending, hauling, belaying, or rigging more complex drops.
The rounded top of the oval provides an even spread of friction, with ropes running smoothly across the surface. The absence of cut-out areas (such as in carabiners with an I-beam style construction) prevents the formation of sharp edges and delivers a longer life-span.
- compact, light-weight version of a HMS carabiner
- solid round profile provides longer life and more even friction
- strong, fully-rated, with secure screw lock gate
- ideal for a range of rigging and rescue scenarios
- Weight: 67g
- Material: aluminium
- Dimensions: 95mm long, 71mm wide, 22mm gate clearance
- Min. breaking load longitudinal axis: 26kN
- Min. breaking load minor axis: 9kN