The Edelrid Hannibal is an advanced horned figure of eight descender designed specifically for canyoning.
The horns provide three initial friction settings which can then be easily added to while on rope. The design also allows quick, easy, and secure lock off when needed.
With a total of nine friction settings, the Hannibal can accommodate a diverse range of ropes, or variables such as large packs, heavier abseilers, or rescue scenarios. The range of friction settings make it compatible with single ropes between 8.5mm and 12mm.
The anodised aluminium body is light-weight, yet hard-wearing and durable. The symmetrical design means it can be flipped after each use spread wear, delivering an extended life-span.
The small carabiner hole with rubber ring holds the ‘biner firmly in place, reducing the risk of cross loading. This firm fit also ensures the device remains attached when getting on and off rope, preventing it from being dropped.
- initial rigging allows three preset friction levels
- additional friction can be easily added while abseiling
- rubber ring holds carabiner in place to prevent cross-loading or accidental loss
- compact, light-weight, hard-wearing design
- Weight: 105 grams
- Material: anodised aluminium
- Dimensions: 130mm long, 73mm wide
- Made in: Taiwan
- Rigging instructions: Edelrid Hannibal user manual