The CRITR2 is one of the most popular canyoning-specific abseiling descenders available.
Initially designed by Canyon Werks, now produced by Imlay Canyon Gear, this innovative horned Figure 8 style devices offers a broad range of friction settings. Several initial friction settings can be selected from, with additional friction easily added while abseiling.
The design makes it ideal for use with single rope techniques or when using thinner canyoning ropes, while the extensive range of friction settings means it is suitable for any canyoner, regardless of weight.
The CRITR2 is extremely easy to lock off securely when needed, and also easy to release and resume the abseil. This makes it ideal for use as a releasable contingency system.
A single gigi slot allows the device to be used as an auto-locking belay or as part of an ascending setup.
Being a symmetrical device, it not only allows drops to be abseiled left or right handed without unclipping from your harness, it will also last twice as long if you flip it after each use to evenly spread wear to both sides.
The descender has also been designed to minimises rope twist.
- a range of friction settings which can be easily added to while abseiling
- symmetrical design makes it last twice as long
- design prevents carabiner cross-loading or accidental loss of device
- gigi slot for belaying or ascending
- Suitable for single or double ropes from 8 to 10 millimetres in diameter
- Weight: 130 grams
- Material: anodised 7075 aluminium
- Dimensions: 138mm long, 99mm wide
- Made in: United States