The Sterling ATS is a versatile abseil and belay device, ideally suited to canyon environments.
It incorporates a curved Figure 8 style device with “hyper-horns”, allowing various preset friction levels that can be easily added to while on rope. This design also allows quick, easy, and secure lock off when needed.
The twin gigi slots can be utilised to make it an inline device for double rope abseils, as part of an ascending setup, as an auto-locking belay, along with a range of other rigging techniques.
The anodised aluminium body is lightweight, while remaining hard-wearing and durable.
The range of friction setting mean it is compatible with rope diameters from 7.5mm to 11.2mm.
The ATS is designed to be used with a HMS-style carabiner, with a small hole and rubber grommet that holds the ‘biner firmly in place, reducing the risk of cross loading. This firm fit also ensures the device remains firmly attached when getting on and off rope, preventing it from being dropped.
The design of the ATS also prevents a girth hitch from being formed, which is a risk with traditional Figure 8 devices.
- can be rigged with a range of friction settings
- friction can be easily added while on rope
- design prevents carabiner cross-loading or accidental loss of device
- compact, light-weight, yet hard-wearing
- combines features of horned Figure 8 and tube or plate device
- Weight: 99 grams
- Material: anodised aluminium
- Dimensions: 127mm long, 51mm wide
- Minimum Breaking Strength (MBS): 23kN
- Made in: United States
Rigging instructions: See Sterling ATS User Manual