The Mad Rock Super Tech Screw Gate carabiner is not only one of the lightest fully rated locking ‘biners on the market, it’s also one of the most affordable.
This compact offset-D shaped locker with a screw gate utilises I-beam construction to minimise weight while meeting required strength tests.
It is ideally suited for carrying safety items on your harness, not only keeping them secure but also ensuring you have an additional full-strength ‘biner available for a range of rigging and rescue situations.
(Note: Carabiners that utilise I-beam construction are not recommended for use with descenders where the rope runs directly across the ‘biner as they can suffer abrasive wear more quickly and develop sharp edges.)
- compact, ultra-light design
- strong and fully-rated
- secure screw lock gate
- perfect for carrying spare gear while adding an extra rigging ‘biner to your harness
- Weight: 43gms
- Material: 7075-T6 Aluminium
- Dimensions: 95mm long, 55mm wide, 19mm gate clearance
- Min. breaking load longitudinal axis: 24kN
- Min. breaking load minor axis: 8kN