The Petzl Sirocco is the lightest fully-rated climbing helmet available.
It is perfect for long days or remote trips, when reducing weight is a priority.
The ultra-light design doesn’t sacrifice on safety, with exceptional protection against impacts from above and all four sides. This is achieved through a hybrid construction that combines a shell of expanded polypropylene with a tough polycarbonate crown.
The helmet has large vents to ensure excellent airflow, keeping you comfortable on hot days.
It comes in two sizes. Small / medium will fit head circumferences between 48 and 58 centimetres, while medium / large fits head circumferences between 53 to 61 centimetres.
After more than a year wearing the original version, not only can I vouch for its durability (the foam handles impacts and abrasion really well), but it is so light it’s easy to forget you’re wearing a helmet at all.
- lightest climbing helmet on the market
- provides optimal impact protection
- large vents deliver excellent air flow
- completely adjustable headband and chinstrap
- clips on the front and a rear elastic strap hold head-torch securely
- Weight: S/M size 160 grams — M/L size 170 grams
- Materials: expanded polypropylene foam shell, polycarbonate crown
- Certifications: CE EN 12492, UIAA