The Sterling HTP was the first 100% polyester static abseiling rope on the market.
Initially designed for industrial rope applications, the 9mm version has been embraced by canyoners and cavers.
The twisted core construction produces an incredibly strong and static rope, with well under 1 per cent stretch for even the heaviest canyoners and an impressive 20kN breaking strength.
The sheath delivers great abrasion and UV resistance while ensuring the rope remains supple and easy to work with, even after extensive use.
This rope takes advantage of the inherent strengths of polyester, which is naturally hydrophobic (so it doesn’t absorb as much water), naturally static (reducing abseil bounce and abrasion) and has exceptional UV resistance, resulting in a longer life-span.
This rope excels when durability, value for money and robustness are your priorities.
For more information about the advantages and disadvantages of different fibres used to manufacture canyoning ropes, check out T2’s article on what to look for when buying a canyoning rope.
- 100 per cent high-strength solution dyed polyester
- rope remains supple and easy to use, even after extensive wear
- resists water absorption and retains strength when wet
- lightweight, compact, and easy to handle
- Rated strength: 20 kN
- Weight: 62 grams per metre
- Materials: Polyester core / Polyester sheath
- Elongation (at 136kg): 0.8%
- Dimensions: 9mm diametre
- Made in: United States