The Mad Rock Hulk HMS Twist is a style of carabiner designed specifically for use with descenders where the rope runs directly across the surface of the ‘biner.
The twist lock mechanism is easy to open and close, even when wearing gloves. It is designed to be operated with one hand, yet is resistant to accidental opening when locked.
The hot forged construction of the Hulk not only allows weight to be reduced while maintaining an extremely high rated breaking load, it also delivers one of the most affordable HMS carabiner on the market.
By ensuring the top of the oval is rounded, the rope can run smoothly across the surface. The more even spread of friction prevents the formation of sharp edges and delivers a longer life-span.
- secure twist lock is easy to operate with one hand and wearing gloves
- solid round profile provides longer life when coupled with a descender
- design prevents creation of sharp edges
- key-lock nose allows quick, snag-free operation
- compatible with a range of popular descenders
- Weight: 80gms
- Material: anodised aluminium
- Dimensions: 112mm long, ??mm wide, 25mm gate clearance
- Min. breaking load longitudinal axis: 30kN
- Min. breaking load minor axis: 10kN