The Mad Rock Hulk HMS Autolock is a tri-locking carabiner designed for use with descenders where the rope runs directly across the surface of the ‘biner.
A secure autolock mechanism ensures the carabiner remains securely closed when in use, yet it remains easy to open when needed, even while wearing gloves. The carabiner can be operated with one hand by sliding the gate up, then twisting it clockwise and pushing it open. Once released it snaps firmly shut.
The hot forged construction of the Hulk allows weight to be reduced while maintaining an extremely high rated breaking strength.
The rounded top of the oval allows rope to run smoothly across the surface, with the even spread of friction preventing the formation of sharp edges and delivering a longer life-span.
- autolock gate is extremely secure, yet easy to operate
- solid round profile provides longer life when coupled with a descender
- design prevents creation of sharp edges
- key-lock nose allows quick, snag-free operation
- compatible with a range of popular descenders
- Weight: 80gms
- Material: anodised aluminium
- Dimensions: 113mm long, 72mm wide, 25mm gate clearance
- Min. breaking load longitudinal axis: 30kN
- Min. breaking load minor axis: 10kN