Taking inspiration from proven canyon descender designs, such as the original Petzl Pirana and Kong Oka, the Zone 8 is an advanced figure of eight style device that utilises horns to provide additional friction settings.
The asymmetric shape reduces rope twist, while the horns offer a range of secure friction settings that can be easily added while abseiling.
A rubber O-ring holds the carabiner securely in place, making it easier to get on and off rope, reducing the risk of the descender being dropped, and preventing cross loading.
A single gigi slot allows the device to be used as an auto-locking belay.
- a range of friction settings that can be changed while abseiling
- design prevents carabiner cross-loading or accidental loss of device
- compact, light-weight, yet hard-wearing
- Weight: 110 grams
- Recommended rope diameter: 8.5 to 10mm single rope; 8 to 9.5mm double rope
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminium
- Dimensions: 143mm long, 98mm wide