The canyon quickdraw combines two Mad Rock Ultra Tech HMS carabiners with a 22kN rated nylon dogbone.
Rubber retainers on both ends of the 16cm dogbone hold the carabiners firmly in place, preventing cross loading. The retainers also protect the high wear areas of the dogbone, extending its life span, and provide greater rigidity to the quickdraw.
A canyon quickdraw, which unlike climbing ‘draws utilises locking carabiners, can be used for in a range of rigging situations.
One of the most common uses is to secure a releasable Figure-8 block to the anchor. The canyon quickdraw prevents the block from being accidentally released, protects against someone accidentally abseiling on the pull strand, and ensures you won’t drop and lose the Figure-8 while rigging it.
Other common uses include as a secure spacer, such as when extending your abseil device to allow for a self belay, as a tool to reach past a block when converting a releasable abseil into a haul, or when knot-passing with a VT Prusik.
Because this canyon quickdraw contains two fully-rated locking carabiners, it also ensures you have additional working carabiners available for complex rigging situations, hauling, or in an emergency.
- essential safety tool when rigging releasable Figure-8 blocks
- provides a secure spacer for a range of rigging situations
- utilises two fully-rated locking carabiners
- rubber retainers prevent cross loading and provide rigidity
- rugged 22kN rated dogbone ideal for high-wear canyon use
- Weight: 160 grams
- Material: aluminium carabiners, nylon dogbone, rubber retainers
- Dimensions: 320mm long, 71mm wide
- Gate opening: 22mm
- Major axis strength: 22kN (carabiners and dogbone)