BlueWater 5.5mm Titan Cord uses ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE, which is the same material as Dyneema) to produce an accessory cord that delivers exception strength at a fraction of the weight of comparable products.
With a rated breaking strength of 13.5 kN, the fully-certified Titan Cord has a similar strength to conventional 8mm accessory cord, yet is less than half the weight.
Not only is HMPE exceptionally strong, it doesn’t lose significant strength with repetitive flexing and offers a huge increase in abrasion and cut resistance.
With a Nylon sheath to provide easy handling, Titan Cord is ideal for making prusik loops.
The combination of high strength, low elongation and light weight make it perfectly suited for a range of outdoor applications.
Note: Due to the use of HMPE, a triple fisherman’s knot is recommended for tying Titan Cord into loops.
- advanced material delivers exceptional strength
- cuts down weight and bulk
- less elongation than conventional accessory cord
- retains strength when wet
- Rated breaking strength: 13.5 kN
– at 1.33 kN = 2.6%
– at 2.67 kN = 3.0%
– at 4.45 kN = 3.6%
- Weight: 18 grams per metre
- Dimensions: 5.5mm diametre
- Material: HMPE core, Nylon sheath
- Certification: CE and UIAA
- Made in: United States