The Black Diamond RockLock Twistlock carabiner is an ideal companion for canyoning descenders where the rope runs directly across the surface of the carabiner (it fits a range of popular descenders including the SQWUREL, CRITR2, Hoodoo-SL, ATS, and No.Mad).
The twist-lock mechanism ensures the carabiner remains securely closed when in use, yet it remains easy to open when needed, even while wearing gloves.
The keylock nose prevents snagging while a slightly curved spine maximises the gate opening.
The HMS shape is designed specifically to be compatible with a Munter Hitch, whether used as part of a releasable anchor, top belay, or as an emergency descender.
The fully rounded shape ensures the rope runs smoothly, with a larger surface area in contact with the rope reducing wear and providing even friction.
The absence of cut-out areas (such as on carabiners with an I-beam construction) prevents the formation of sharp edges and delivers a longer life-span.
- secure twist-lock gate automatically snaps shut
- HMS shape is ideal for abseiling, belaying or anchor rigging
- solid round profile provides smooth friction and longer life
- curved spine maximises gate opening
- easily operated with one hand
- Weight: 89 grams
- Material: anodised aluminium
- Dimensions: 116mm long, 76mm wide
- Gate opening: 24mm
- Closed gate strength: 24kN
- Open gate strength: 8kN